Jan 15, 2011

Quilting and School

So, I've started a fun quilting project by Nancy Halverson. I think it's called Count On It. But anyway, it's a monthly running calendar. You make each number for the month, (0-9) and a square for each month, then you change the number each day to reflect the day. Here's a picture of what I mean:




So, on the left is the square for January and on the left is the number for each day. It's really cool! I will post what each monthly square looks like at the beginning of each month. 
I'm also making a baby quilt for my team lead at work who is having a baby in early March, so when I get that done, I will post a picture!
In other news:
-We saw the movie True Grit last week and it was really great! We really liked it!
-We were moved from the nursery to teaching the 8-year olds in our ward. We really like it so far!
-School started up again this week. Danny is taking a lot of hard classes so it will be a difficult semester, but I know he can do it :) He's taking microbiology, biochemistry, cereal science, science of food preparation and environmental chemistry. I'm taking family finance, consumer and the market and statistics 1040. It should be fun...at least busy!
This is pretty close to what Danny said this past Monday before going to school :)

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented Vanessa! I love your quilting project...very cute! Poor Danny, back to ol' grind...the classes seem to get harder and harder! Good luck to both of you this semester...I know you guys will make it....even if Danny goes back kicking and screaming! :D

    ReplyDelete