Oct 25, 2010

Fall Break, Deer Hunt...the usual

Two weekend ago, it was Fall Break for USU, so Danny and I decided to head to Grantsvill/Lake Point to spend some quality time with family. I was able to take work off on that Friday and we decided to hike Deseret Peak that day. Oh man...I'm so out of shape! It was really rough, and I wasn't sure if I could make it, but we did! Here are some great pictures:
 Super fun!  (Nevermind the lack of make up)
We also saw the movie Secretariat with my family. It was the BEST movie! We all really enjoyed it! We recommend it to anyone who wants to see a good movie!

What else have we been up to?...Oh, we went to see this big band music show called 'In the Mood' for Danny's art class. I thought it was really cool and we both knew a few of the songs. We are going to go on a pumpkin walk tomorrow night (weather permitting) which is also for his class. Should be fun!

This past weekend was the opening day of the deer hunt! Danny, Kyle and Brad headed out to the mountains south of Evanston. They were out all day in the snow and cold and searched....and hunted...and got lost...but unfortunately, didn't see any bucks. They did see a spike about 2 seconds in, but they decided not to take it, with it only being 2 seconds into the hunt. It sounds like they had lots of fun, even if they were cold and tired. But they are still trying to get something; Kyle and Danny are out hunting right now, actually. We'll see if they get anything. I sure hope they do! :)

While Danny and Kyle were on their way hunting, I got to watch the Cannon-Man! We had a great time while Melissa was working hard. Here's just a fun picture of Cannon falling asleep during breakfast!
 
So cute! It was so fun to watch him, he is such a stud!

I'm also starting a couple of fun quilting projects, but I will post about those soon when I get something to show! Should be fun!

And finally, here are a couple of photos from our family pictures in Kamas. They turned out great!








3 comments:

  1. That picutre of Cannon is SO DARN CUTE!!! Haha. And good on ya for hiking Desert Peak! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are always up to fun stuff! The view from the peak is awesome! You two still got the hiking genes in ya! Not so awesome is the picture that you posted with me standing right in front in all my (large) glory, and Brad showing off his "happy" face after the adventure to get to that spot! :) The rest of you look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! Good on ya for making the hike. Cannon is really cute isn't he? The Claytons all look great too!

    ReplyDelete