Oct 8, 2010

Cake, Conference and Cabin

It's been a while since we've posted...my computer isn't doing good at uploading pictures and blogs aren't fun without pictures! :)
As most of you know, my birthday was this last week on Tuesday and it was a really fun day! It started off with Danny singing Happy Birthday to me, groggily, but beautifully. :) I then went to work and they surprised me by decorating my desk!


They also made me a cake and gave me lunch. It was a good day at work, surprisingly. :)
After work, Danny and I went up Logan Canyon to look at the pretty colors. We got to see some really beautiful things and stopped a couple of times to wander around. Danny was looking for some deer and moose...we didn't see any, but it would have been cool. 
 
After that, we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. I mentioned that it was my birthday to the lady who was seating us, but our waiter didn't know, so luckily I didn't have to sit on the saddle thing, but we got a free appetizer. So yummy!
After that, we went to the Rodemack's for cake and ice cream! They graciously sang to me in the infamous Clayton way and it was something I won't soon forget. After their splendid performance, we had cake and it was super yummy! Thanks again, Kyle & Melissa & Cannon!




In case you were wondering, Danny bought me season 6 of The Office and we're excited to catch up to the current season. It's been so much fun to watch...thanks, babe! I also got many birthday wishes and other great gifts and I thank you all!



For Conference weekend, we went to the Clayton cabin in Kamas. It was a great opportunity for us to try out our new sleeping bags! We took family pictures on that Saturday between sessions and hopefully the pictures will turn out good. It was so much fun to spend time with family and to eat yummy food! Here are some funny pictures of Cannon, our nephew. He had all the ladies in the family fighting over him :)


And here are some more fun pictures of Danny and I. 
 

2 comments:

  1. You're legal now Vanessa.....21!!! Glad it was a good birthday! I'm so impressed that your work treated you so well on your birthday...and that you have your very own desk...you must be pretty important! ;D It was fun at the cabin on conference weekend- you and Danny were the true campers with the tent and all...you should have put a picture of your awesome tent on the blog! :) I'm sorry that you got wet crossing the creek in "the extreme picture taking!" FUN TIMES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like lots of fun! You're making so many great memories! I love to stay up-to-date with your blog even though I don't always comment. Can't wait to meet Danny--we'll see you at Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete