Apr 9, 2014

This and That

Hey! It's been a while...I suppose I should update the blog, huh? :)

Since my last post, some fun stuff has happened!

* Danny's sister, Kristy, and her husband, Trevor, and their friend, Nathan, came to visit us! They will be up here in Twin Falls this summer so they were here looking for some housing. Trevor and his crew will be selling The Living Scriptures in the Twin Falls area. While I didn't get any pictures (sorry!), Jane had lots of fun seeing them. We are excited that they will be up here this summer.

*Jane turned 9 months old!! I can't believe it's been that long already. We went to the doctor's and Jane is doing great. She's definitely chunked up since we've started her on solids!! Luckily, Jane didn't have to get any shots this time. :)

*Jane got her first tooth! The day after her dr's appointment, she was sitting and playing when all of a sudden, she grabbed my thumb and put it in her mouth. Bam! There it was! It was a shock to me because it wasn't there the day before at her appointment!! :) She just looks so cute with her 1 tooth (Danny thinks I'm crazy for being obsessed with her one tooth, haha). I don't have a picture of it because she'll hardly let us even look at it, let alone take a picture of it.

*My brother, Stuart, came up from Logan to visit!! His main purpose for visiting was to take some pictures of Jane, but we also had fun catching up. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't great (rainy & cloudy), but we were able to get some really good pictures. The rain let up enough for us to get some good outdoor shots. I'm really excited to see how they turned out. Jane really LOVED the attention from someone new :) 
Hanging out with Uncle Stu!
* Danny turned...26!! Danny was somewhat sad to be turning 26...he kept lamenting that he is now closer to 30 than he is to 20. Oh, well. It's not really much different from 25, right? ;) For his birthday dinner, we went to Johnny Carino's on Saturday the 29th, which was super yummy. We also watched Jack Reacher, which was a pretty good movie. Sunday the 30th was his actual birthday and we celebrated with some yummy french toast and Raspberry Yum-Yum. It was very good! He got some lovely birthday cards from family and a fun shirt (see below) and some music from me. Here are a couple of pictures from his birthday:
This is the shirt I bought for Danny...I think it's very fitting! :)


He got them all out in one blow - I hope he wished for something good! :P

*General Conference was this past weekend and it was very good. I enjoyed all of the talks and it gave me some insight on what I need to work on. We felt a bit lazy and lounged around most of the weekend, but I got some fun pictures of Jane and Danny...she enjoyed watching conference while cuddling with Daddy!


She loved watching this way...propped up on Daddy's legs!


*Jane has started eating a few more new things: Cheerios, honeydew, cauliflower, and Ritz crackers. So far, she likes them all. The cauliflower isn't her favorite, but she'll eat it. We're lucky that she's pretty easy-going when it comes to trying new food. :)

*Jane has also started saying 'ba-ba'. It's really cute! She's also started blowing raspberries at us...it's very slobbery, but way funny. We are always laughing when she does it because it's so cute!

*Jane isn't crawling yet, but we're making progress. She can move around (albeit slow and usually accompanied by crying) and she's getting faster. We keep giving her lots of tummy time and I think she'll get it soon enough :) Right now, she gets around by moving from her tummy to her side, then uses her foot to push up, then gets back on her tummy...so it's slow, but she's getting somewhere! :)

That's pretty much it...we've gone on a few drives around the valley to familiarize ourselves with the area, which has been fun as well. Here are some other random pictures from since my last post.
Daddy tickling Jane!


Her hair is starting to actually grow out...as you can see, she's got a mini faux-hawk! Not quite as bald, but still not much hair up there.

#selfie

Goin' for a walk!

Crawling on Dad!

"Look how tall I am!"

Eating crackers...she's a little messy!

Went for a walk on CSI campus....it was a chilly day!

This girl can stand up now!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts and seeing how your cute family is doing!

    ReplyDelete